Thursday, April 17, 2008

Socks

When I first met my husband, he had this terrible habit of taking off his socks anywhere and everywhere, and just leaving them there. He 'claims' they pull the hair on his feet and legs, making it uncomfortable. As a female, I have hairless feet to I can't pretend to know if this is truly an issue that the hairy footed experience. So essentially, back to the point, his apartment floor was carpeted with stray socks.

I slowly broke him of this habit, so he would actually put his socks in the dirty clothes hamper. I was thrilled that by the time we moved in together, I didn't have to deal with dirty socks everywhere.

About a year later, the socks started reappearing. I was NOT happy, all that work down the drain, what could have caused this regression? Suddenly, my socks also started appearing in random places around the house, why would my husband put my socks everywhere too? It was our new dog, Z...to this day, she fishes through the dirty hamper for socks to carry around in her mouth. My best friend came to visit, and after she left, I found one dirty sock of hers in Z's bed. When my mom came to visit, again, one dirty sock of hers in Z's bed. I am guessing she holds on to these mementos to remember some of her favorite people :)

No comments: