Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Mish-Mash

We went to Handel's Messiah on Saturday night at the Kennedy Center. The music was amazing, however we left at intermission...3 hours of music in a warm theater with old people passing gas was just a little too much for us...

I'm having a holiday party on Friday (maybe you've heard, it's the must-attend party of the season...) and I'll try to bring the camera out. I'm getting a trim on my unruly hair on Wednesday (took the day off, yay for a 2 day work week!) because at this point my hair and I are disagreeing on everything. It wants to flip out, I want it to flip under, so apparently we compromised and one side flips outward and the other sits right and flips under. Did that even make sense?

We exchanged gifts early this year, the husband is working through the morning of the 26th. I got J a fish tank that now weighs approximately 300 lbs and has 10 goldfish in it as test subjects for the water quality. J was like, you know - people treat fish differently than other pets. No one would buy 10 kittens to see if they all survived. I would, but that's another story for another day that involves Texas puppy and kitten hunting. I feel badly about the fish though, and if they survive I would like to bring them back to the store so they can find a new home. I don't expect a refund - they were 10/$1.00 anyway, poor things are basically food for other fish. But from what the super cool fish store guy told me, keeping them is not an option, they will make the tank dirty. Yuck.

My wedding anniversary was yesterday. 4 years! Only 6 more until we go through crisis and start having affairs with college students. Happy Anniversary sweetie, if you read this!

Happy Holidays all!

1 comment:

Draffish said...

Of course I do!!!! Happy 4 years to you too sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!