Sunday, March 1, 2009

DC handles snow as well as I handle tequila

So we are on the verge of a major winter weather event. This morning I grabbed my coffee, my bagel and my newspaper and headed to the basement to watch some news and do my mandatory Sunday morning lazy time. Every local news station had hit their panic button. A few regular new stories followed by - at ten minute intervals - the weatherman appearing and talking about the 6-8 inches we are getting. One news anchor said it's time to stock up on milk and bread. Because yes, people, with 6-8 inches of snow you will be buried in your home for weeks! Weeks! Maybe even a month.

Ok, I know 6-8 inches is a good amount of snow. But I'm from Chicago - 6-8 inches will probably get you a snow day, but it's certainly not the end of the world. My husband is from the Boston area. When it snows 6-8 inches they call it 'spring'. I guess I'm just not a fair judge of winter weather. So I called my BFF in Atlanta, who had just gotten some snow from this storm. I asked her if she was doing okay and she thought that maybe I was drunk or thought I was talking to someone else. She said it wasn't bad - and she was still alive - and no awful things like suffering from spontaneous diarrhea had happened as result of the weather.

On to the tequila. When I was younger and dumber I loved doing shots of tequila. It inevitably ended with me making out with strangers, jumping in the back of some random guy's pick up truck to go to a 4 am bar, or running away from 'that crazy guy calling my name' who happened to be my dad. Good times. Yes, I know my parents must be proud of me.

So, DC rest assured, you are not the only one who can't hang.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

Hah! So true. And amazing entry title!

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Hehehe - classic. The last time i tried to handle Tequila, I remember very little. But there are pictures of me with about 25 santa clause's and 1 easter bunny. I shit you not.