Friday, January 30, 2009

I was tagged

First off, I want to thank this lady for tagging me. She's an amazing person and I am truly lucky to have gotten to know her over the past year.

The rules:

A) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Alright, so I'm still pretty new - not sure if I'm going to tag anyone yet but I'll play along :)

B) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize.

C) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

1. I love Domino's pizza. Why is this honest? Because I am from Chicago, and people from Chicago generally snub chain pizzerias because, well, Chicago is known for its pizza. But I still love it, always have and always will. It doesn't replace some of my hometown faves, but it's a different kind of love - sort of like Taco Bell. It's not really Mexican, but it's still good stuff.

2. Most days I feel like I have no idea what I am doing or how the hell I got here. It's like I got wrapped up in this life and it just kept gaining momentum and carried me away. It's not a bad thing, I just don't feel like I deserve a lot of the good things that have happened to me. I guess it's just plain dumb luck.

3. I have the sense of humor of an 8 year old boy. Farts = funny. People falling down = funny. One of my best friends accidentally discharging 2-pam through her thumb = tears in my eyes. (I still feel badly for laughing at you, but my god, it was funny...) My brother having an undescended testicle for the first week of his life and no one telling him about it until a Dr. discovered a hernia = almost-wet-my-pants hilarious. (Note: I didn't laugh at him when he or my mom told me, I was able to maintain my composure until I got off the phone). Am I evil? I don't think so...I just like to laugh at people :) And trust me, I laugh at myself. I do a lot of really stupid things, it would be a waste to not laugh at myself.

4. When I see any animal that has been hit by the side of the road, it makes me sad. When I see homeless people, I feel badly for them and wondered how they got there. I try to pretend like most things don't bother me most of the time, but they do. I'm super sensitive.

5. I love sleep. I love sleep so very much, it's my absolute favorite. Unfortunately this guy likes to "do stuff" all the time, which impinges on my sleepy time.

6. When I get really cranky, it's usually because I feel like I'm not good enough (I need to lose weight, I suck at my job, I'm not smart enough, I can't paint, etc.)...and I take it out on others. Mostly the gentleman referenced above, but luckily he's even keeled and very sweet, and puts up with my moods.

7. I hate eggs and mayonnaise. I think that they are both disgusting in smell, consistency and taste. I have finally gotten to the point where if I accidentally get mayo on my food at a restaurant I can still eat it. Which is a good thing, because I really hate to be 'that girl' that returns food. But if I accidentally get egg on a breakfast sandwich, I toss it. Luckily I don't eat breakfast out that often, so it's not a huge life problem of mine.

8. I'm pretty sarcastic in person, and I think sometimes people think I am serious. No, I don't really think I am awesome. And no, I don't think that 12 hour work day was great. It's sarcasm, and yes, I can dead-pan, it doesn't mean that what I am saying is what I actually mean. Sarcasm is a little more difficult in writing though...so if something sounds off, probably sarcasm.

9. I like my dogs more than I like most people. Which isn't saying anything really, because my dogs have unconditional love for me and think I am the best thing since Beggin Strips. And I like that they love me so much, I'm not going to lie. Maybe if you got so excited every time you saw me that you wagged your whole body I'd like you, too.

10. I have always had a crush on Conan O'Brien. More so when he was still somewhat new and pretty quirky. I think my new crushes are Steven Colbert & Joel McHale, but really, who doesn't love those guys? I guess if I am being honest, I should say I have a girl crush, too. It's Jennifer Aniston.

Alright, that's 10. I'm exhausted from all this truthiness.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.